question

Kofi avatar image
Kofi asked

Off grid system with Freedom Won batteries shuts down in the morning

Hi everyone,

I have an off grid system with 6 quattro and 2 fronius with freedom won batteries. for the past two days system is going off meanwhile the battery is around 52V. when you remove the VE.bus cable from the Octogx, the system doesn't go off.

Please anyone have an idea about the problem, thank you

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Kofi,

Do you have any VRM information, that would be the a really good place to start.

With a managed battery, the system voltage is not the only thing that can trigger a shut down.

It could also be an individual cell of the battery that has a problem, so the managed battery would send the message to the GX device (possibly via a Discharge Current Limit = 0) which then passes that message onto the Quattros and that leads to the shut down.

Disconnecting the GX device removes that limit, but it doesn't solve the problem if the battery is asking to stop being discharged for some reason.

That needs to be investigated.

This is observable remotely and historically via the VRM if the system is connected to the internet. Go to the Advanced Tab, then enable the Discharge Current Limit widget, and see what the value is during the shut down period. (Further training on using the VRM is available in the Online Training section of Victron Professional).

If it isn't connected to the internet, then you could wait for the shut down event to occur, then go into the parameters menu of the battery in the GX device and see what the Discharge Current Limit is. That will at least help to confirm or rule that out as a possible cause.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kofi avatar image Kofi commented ·

Thank you Guy for your response.

Here are some details from the VRM in the picture below, I hope this can give an idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
alarms.jpg (196.9 KiB)
Kofi avatar image
Kofi answered ·

I have realize that the Octo-Gx is not able to support all the data MPPT's are sending in the morning so I am going in for a Maxi Gx. Can anyone tell me something about this.

I have in total 14 MPPTs

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Kofi

Good to hear you have made progress in the troubleshooting, it would be a good idea to open a whole new question to ask about Maxi GX.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources