question

shelldor avatar image
shelldor asked

Optimizing self consumption of EasySolar II GX (1-phase) in a 3-phase house

Hello,

i plan to install an EasySolar II GX (1-phase) with PV panels and batteries in a house connected to 3-phase grid.

Here in Germany the official gris meter uses balanced metering (if I use high current on phase 1 but feed back the same on phase 2, the meter is not counting).

Thats why I would like to connect a 3-phase grid meter (EM24?) in order to measure the total load on all 3 phases.

The EasySolar should then optimize self consumption by using the total load on all 3 phases, even though in reality it is feeding only on phase 1.

Example:

House draws 5A on each phase 2 and 3.

Easysolar should then feed back 10A on phase 1 in order to optimize self consumption.

Is that possible and which settings do i need to configure?

Best regards

David

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hello David,

If your system is controlled by a GX device with grid meter and ESS assistant in the Multi, then you can activate the "phase compensation" function. This is what you want to achieve according your post. I have such a system configuration and it works quite well.

I would also recommend to read the ESS design manual (phase compensation is chapter 7)...

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

Regards

Rainer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shelldor avatar image
shelldor answered ·

Hi Rainer,

thats what I was looking for! Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards

David

2 |3000