question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.51 released

Goodmorning!

Today we are doing the official release of v2.51. The change log will be on https://professional.victronenergy.com later today. There is some information now in this blog post.

Were in the middle of development of the next big release, v2.60, but as thats not finished yet weā€™re bringing out v2.51 that contains some valuable bug fixes and other small improvements.

All together a bit off a numbering hassle, so let me recap it: until today, the latest official version for the CCGX, Venus GX, and so forth was v2.42. And for the Cerbo GX first and only official release was v2.50.

This release brings everything together again.

So, for those of you that were already running v2.60~4; this means that your devices will update to v2.51. Which means that some new features that you might have gotten used to, such as support for the Carlo Gavazzi Ethernet meter, are now missing.

Weā€™ll soon release the next v2.60 testing version. And in case you donā€™t want to wait for that, you can always go back to v2.60 now ny using the backup firmware option in the menus.

If you do see any bugs, pls alert below. Weā€™ll be keeping a close eye on comments made here.

Thank you, and have a good week, Matthijs

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jaco Reinecke avatar image Jaco Reinecke commented Ā·

I'm not sure if this is new or a quirk I have never seen before.

At 11am my system, via a Cronjob, is programmed to up the SOC on ESS from 80% to 90% because at 11am a geyser is coming on and I don't want the batteries to be used.
Am slowly increasing the SOC up to 100% by 3pm, for evening use.

Here is the quirk I recently picked up, in the last two releases, on a MPII 5kva. Never saw it on previous releases of VenusGX or on a MPII 3kva.

As soon as the SOC is set to 90% on ESS, although the panels can produce 3kw at the time, they only produce exactly what the batteries need. All loads are powered by utilities.

IF I see it, I drop the SOC to 85%, panels then start producing the 3kw, after which I set the SOC back to 90%, panels still produce 3kw.

If I miss it, the geyser is heated for 2 hours using utility power.

Is it a new bug or am I missing something?

Thanks
Jaco

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Jaco Reinecke commented Ā·

Hi @Jaco Reinecke; I honestly don't know. You could try what happens running v2.50? There are no changes to any code between v2.50 and v2.51 that could cause above.

Also I don't see how it can relate to a MP-II 3kVA or MP-5kVA.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered Ā·

1..when you turn off multiplus in an ESS remotely,either off site or locally on ccgx the system goes into alarm! As grid lost... this never happened before updating to v2.51

2..also on another site that was updated with a Venus gx,the device list is showing ā€˜multiā€™ with no inverter connected!, and now unable to remove it.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Marc, thank you for the quick feedback! We're looking into it.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

fixed in v2.52; thanks again!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark avatar image Mark mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

ā€œSystem Alarm grid lostā€ still pops up in notifications but with no audible alarm in v2.52~2

0 Likes 0 Ā·
markus-001 avatar image
markus-001 answered Ā·

I have been running 2.60~4 for a few weeks I installed 2.51 yesterday and noticed the generator function does not stop this morning

I switched back to 2.60~4 problem resolved.

The bug seems to be under

Generator start stop / settings / conditions / battery current enable

Stop when battery current is lower than 0A

Stop after the condition is reached for 180s

I changed the current values to 0A to 0.1A 1.0A and 1.2A this made no difference

I changed the time in seconds to 10s this also made no difference.

When looking into this bug see if it is possible to allow for negative values so the batteries can receive a solid charge value for some time before stopping the generator function E.g. would be -40A for 300s then you know the MPPTā€™s are on line and not just starting up and switching on and off

Version 2.60~4 works fine so if 2.60 release is 2.6~4 or later and being released shortly then donā€™t worry to much about this bug maybe the negative value if you think this is a valid improvement.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Markus, there are some changes relating to generator start/stop in v2.60; good to hear it works well there.

Being able to configure a negative battery current: you're now the fourth or fifth for asking about that in very little time; it made it to the todo list. Not sure when though; it hasn't been planned yet.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark avatar image Mark ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Good news...

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources