question

gavinh avatar image
gavinh asked

Dvcc with Lithium battery and ac coupled fronius and mppt

I have a few 60kva (6x 10kva Quattros} systems that we have running with 1 x 27kw fronius eco and 4 x250/100mppts. These systems all have freedom won batteries and run Dvcc. I have pv inverter support assistant running. My problem that I'm having is even though the Quattros are set to charge at only 55.5 vdc they are getting above 57Vdc before the frequency starts rising to limit the fronius. Does anyone know how to stop this or have similar experience.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @GavinH

The charge voltage is set by the CANbus bms, not the Quattro's settings.

is the voltage too high? you can see the CVL (Charge Voltage Limit) in the remote console (Devices, BMS, Parameters) or on VRM advanced

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gavinh avatar image gavinh commented ·

The bms setting is 55.7 max it still over shoots before limiting.. Have watched the battery parameters live. Freedom Won use Orion Bms. All firmware in batteries and other equipment is latest

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ gavinh commented ·

Hi @GavinH

I'll email you for a list of sites so we can have a look at it.

0 Likes 0 ·