question

gnsatopaolo avatar image
gnsatopaolo asked

SmartSolar 75/10 settings for li Ion - Solar generator

Hi there,

I'm building a super portable solar generator in a 1200 peli case very similar to this one except for the fact that I’m only using A class components.

The generator is equipped with a SmartSolar 75/10, a 4s16p Sony VTC6 battery pack 16.8V and a smart BMS.

I'm using the SmartSolar only for charging, and I don't need any of the advanced features like maintaining battery status, and so on.

When I plug to the SmartSolar PV input some electricity (it can come from a solar panel or from a laptop charger), I just want my pack to be fully charged the fastest possible.

With the above scenario in mind, can someone suggest the best settings for the battery?

battery preset = user defined

Absorption voltage = ?

Float voltage = ?

any help is much appreciated, thank you

MPPT ControllersLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@gnsatopaolo, the battery charging parameters need to be defined by recommendations from your battery manufacturer (Sony), not the charger manufacturer (Victron) particularly since the batteries you mention are not themselves supported. I recommend getting in touch with Sony or someone familiar with the Sony cell charging parameters and setting the SmartSolar charging parameters accordingly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.