question

peteresquino1 avatar image
peteresquino1 asked

Victron Easy Solar importing from grid, not discharging batteries

Hi There , My Victron Easy solar does not want to use the Batteries when it is short of pv and then will take off the grid but the batteries are on 97% what would the problem be , I have 4 x 200amp hour Lead Carbon

CCGX Color Control
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Does it have ESS installed and if so, have you set a SOC limit in case of grid failure? The other setting under ESS is optimized with battery life.

0 Likes 0 ·
peteresquino1 avatar image peteresquino1 Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I tried that , but still it keeps the Battery in Absorption at 100 % and keeps on taking from the grid , and when there is no PV then it takes from the Batteries until 70 % , it is weird do think it could be a programming issue !

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Peteresquino1

You really don't supply enough info. From a previous post I glean you're talking a 48/5000. Which likely wouldn't do what you describe without having ESS loaded. So some complexity expected.

Your "97%" is a calculated figure, and you don't say it's source. It'll likely need 'tuning' anyway, and I'd totally ignore it for now. Until you know better..

Revert to your batt V. What is it when this happens? If you have VRM graphs that would help a lot.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Do a VE config screen file dump and post here, that will tell us what all the setting are set in the Easy solar unit.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000