question

tgrimmett avatar image
tgrimmett asked

Color Control with multiple BMV devices

Hi. Can a Color Control display have more than one BMV device connected to it? If so, will it show the battery voltage and state of charge for these additional battery banks? I have a BMV-702 with the shunt connected to my house battery bank (sailboat) and I've connected my engine battery bank to the additional input on the BMV-702. When I check the VRM portal, all I see is one battery voltage and SOC. I assume this is the house battery bank and the portal does not pickup the secondary voltage input. So, now I'm considering another BMV device that would just be monitoring my engine bank and connecting that to my Color Control display and therefore, hopefully, show up on the VRM portal for me to see remotely. Is this possible? Or is there a way to get the additional input on the first BMV to show up on the portal? FYI, I also have 8 solar panels, each with 75/15 MPPT controllers, connected to the open VE.direct ports and a 10 port powered hub on the Color Control, with space on the hub for this second BMV. The second part of my question is whether there is a maximum number of devices (with the use of a hub) that the Color Control can handle? Right now, I've got 8 MPPT charge controllers, 1 wifi dongle, and 1 BMV. Thanks!

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

On your VRM site in the advanced section you should see a widget "Starter battery voltage". Once activated, it will display the voltage for the additional input.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tgrimmett avatar image tgrimmett commented ·

Thanks Stefanie. I tried that and it worked great. Appreciate the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, see chapter 1.4.2 https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

yes you can connect multiple. All of them will show on the device list on your ccgx.

just one of them will be used for the overviews on your ccgx.

on vrm its similar: the dashboard will show data for same one, rest can be see on the Advanced page by enabling their widgets.

the one to show on the dashboards is usually the house battery, and you can configure that in settings -> system setup

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps beware that 8 vedirect devices is already a lot - at some point you’ll be hitting the cpu limit: the ccgx will become slow / data is lagging, and it might reboot some times

0 Likes 0 ·
tgrimmett avatar image tgrimmett commented ·

Perfect, that helps. Thanks very much.

0 Likes 0 ·
zabbaskeema avatar image
zabbaskeema answered ·

Following as I have two banks : 12v and 48v and two bmvs. However the ccgx only shows the 48v bank and the multi connected to it. Nothing for the 12v and it's a shame... Curious to see if there is a fix for that.

2 |3000