question

nicola avatar image
nicola asked

MPPT Smartsolar 75 Load control with older Quattro Inverter

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Smar tsolar MPPT 75/15 with built in Bluetooth. The app and integration with Smart temperature sensor is excellent.

I would like to use the load output to control an older Quattro 24/8000 that has a remote on/off connection as described here.

Top PCB left side half way up Connector H Quattro remote control Connector for remote switch: Short left and middle terminal to switch “on”. Short right and middle terminal to switch to “charger only”.

Do I need to purchase the # VE.Direct non inverting remote on-off cable Part number ASS030550310.. I was also thinking this could be controlled with a 24v DC relay powered from the load output of the MPPT? Anyone done something similar?

Thanks in advance for any help, Nic

MPPT Controllerssmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

It can indeed be done in the way you describe, What the Quattro need is something that makes or breaks a connection, like a switch or a relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic