question

mohammadl avatar image
mohammadl asked

BatteryProtect Reset/Mode D?

I have 65A battery protect. It is installed on 24V circuit. The circuit voltage now is 26V and the protect gives an overvoltage status (E4) and disconnects the load; while the manual said the overvoltage threshold for 24V is 32V.

I need to reset the protect though programming to mode d. The unit shows A,B and C but never shows d. Any one have idea how to get mode"d" .

Best Regards

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mohammadl avatar image
mohammadl answered ·

I found an answer somewhere here is the forum, it advices for the following for factory reset:

1- Disconnect the load.

2- Keep the program wire connected to the ground

3- Power the unit for 7 seconds, 3 segment should appear on the 7 segment (that doesn happen)

but after 7 seconds or more we disconnected the unit power and reconnected the whole system, the E4 bug has disappear.

Best Regards

Mohammad

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Good day @MohammadL, I'm presuming that you have a regular BatteryProtect and not the Smart BatteryProtect?

**EDIT: Since my original answer, Victron software engineers have informed me (and I am updating here to record the information for future questions) that the missing "D" option is actually just an indication of an older-firmware BatteryProtect; the "D" (redetect system voltage) option was introduced in a later firmware iteration of the BatteryProtect. On earlier-firmware versions, system voltage detection can only be forced by disconnecting the BatteryProtect and then reconnecting it.

You've discovered that answer elsewhere on the Community since my original answer, but I wanted to update here as well so that there isn't conflicting information in answers. Cheers to the Community and to Victron for keeping an eye out and making sure the correct information is being distributed! /EDIT**

All that being said, it sounds like your particular application would be an excellent place for a Smart BatteryProtect, which allows you to fully customize your cutoff points to 1/100th of a volt rather than being limited to the presets of the regular BatteryProtect.

1 comment
2 |3000

mohammadl avatar image mohammadl commented ·

Dear @Justin Cook,

Thank you for your help

The LCD works fine while the unit is brand new. We tested it at office many times the d never shows up.

I found an answer somewhere here is the forum, it advices for the following for factory reset:

1- Disconnect the load.

2- Keep the program wire connected to the ground

3- Power the unit for 7 seconds, 3 segment should appear on the 7 segment (that doesn happen)

but after 7 seconds or more we disconnected the unit power and reconnected the whole system, the E4 bug has disappear.

Best Regards

Mohammad

0 Likes 0 ·