question

stavarda avatar image
stavarda asked

Ve Net and VE Can Tanks Sensors

Hi Im looking at getting the Cerbo GX and one of the functions is the tank sensing for water and diesel tanks , see two items Ve Net VRS000100010 and Ve Can BPP900600100 i can find a use man for the Ve Net but not the Ve CAn what do people use and what tank sensors have people found success with ?

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey Stavarda, you won’t need any of those: the Cerbo GX has inputs to connect up to four resistive tank senders.

We don’t sell any tank sender ourselves.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry I clicked Submit too soon:

what you’re looking for is a resistive tank sender that works between either 0 to 180 Ohm or 30 to 240 Ohm for USA (might be slightly different, see GX products overview & Cerbo GX manual for details).

I’m sure there are others here than can recommend you some compatible tank senders.

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I'd like to add on to this as I also have an odd tank sender (0-90ohm) that I can't use. Would it be possible to just program the values of your sender. Like Euro, US, Custom?

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Me right now.

0 Likes 0 ·
1581543221427.png (437.0 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ nebulight commented ·

:thumbsup: & credits to the developer who picked this up; Myself I had not noticed that this start and stop resistance was such a common issue. I do now, after searching around here in Modifications.

0 Likes 0 ·