question

polak1958 avatar image
polak1958 asked

MPPT 150/70 cannot connect to iphones

I just installed a MPPT 150/70 and it will not connect with bluetooth to my iPhone 7 IOS 13.3 or my wifes iPhone 6 IOS 12.2. It will connect to my Windows laptop, but that is completely useless and it connects to my neighbors Android phone. I was able to upgrade the firmware to V1.47 via a USB to VE.? cable and this allowed me to program the MPPT for my batteries. However, keeping my laptop by the MPPT is just not easy or practical. Victron Connect and the iPhones just do not see it from less than 1ft away or farther for that matter.

HOW do I fix this?

Thank yo

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Polak1958, please ensure that, when installing the VictronConnect app, you allow it access to location services (coarse location), and that when trying to connect to a device you have location services turned on, as the app requires this permission to be able to scan for local bluetooth devices. This is the most common cause of connection problems; many users, when first installing the app, do not allow it access to location services. Please uninstall the app from your phone, then reinstall and make sure to hit "allow" when it asks for access to location services, then of course ensure that your phone bluetooth is on, open the app, and scan for available devices.

For further information and/or troubleshooting steps, please see the VictronConnect manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic