question

aizen avatar image
aizen asked

Easysolar 48/3000/35 with mppt 150/35(2x)

Hi guys I currently have the above inverter mated to two 48v/200ah battery bank. The charging is done by grid or generator....I will be getting 8 panels of 300w...my question what will be the default behavior of the easysolar...will it mainly charge the battery with pv power and use excess power for the loads(what I want...to reduce grid dependence) or do I need to get extra accessories to achieve this. Please help me am a noob...

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @Aizen

I'm not sure what you're asking here. A little like buying a new car and needing to adjust the seat & steering wheel positions. It should manage what you want, but may need adjustment, even software addons, fortunately free. Expert installation may not be though, and if you're going to diy it, there's a fair bit to learn.

But I'm puzzled.. you say 'Easysolar 48/3000', and unless you mean something else, should already have a 70 Amp mppt aboard, enough for your 2400W of panels. Are these 2x 150/35's 'extras'?

I'm sure you can get help here, just need to establish the base to work from..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aizen avatar image
aizen answered ยท

Thanks John c for your prompt reply...the. Mppt is found on the easysolar...just trying to be detailed in the description.

Wanted to know what will happen after connecting the panels to the easysolar without messing with any settings (factory settings)....will the easysolar prioritize charging the battery bank with PV power and the surplus, after the battery is in float ,used for the load? Or do I need to get to change the settings of the device to achieve this?.

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

It will work plug'n'play style until you add in a grid/genny feed. Then it gets more complex, depending on what you want to do.

Like if your loads were modest, you could just use something like the genny-start functionality to bring in the ac supply as needed. Then there's DVCC, ESS, and much other stuff, that you might call on if necessary.

Like being laid down on the shrink's couch, you'll be expected to spill the whole story.

There may be some minor hardware necessary, like a MK3 adaptor for the Multi, or a VE.Direct adaptor to access mppt settings. Minor stuff.

I'd start by firing it up, giving it some www, and joining it to VRM portal. The data that will show you is priceless once you start fooling with the options.

Vague answer this is, but so is the question.. :)

0 Likes 0 ยท