question

shayner avatar image
shayner asked

Generator issue with ESS

Okay so i have a honda eu7000is attached to ac1 on my quattro for backup power. i have dynamic power checked and limit input current to 10 amps. If i have the quattro disconnected from my gx device with ESS it connects fine to the generator. But when i have the quattro connected to the gx controller the generator overloads. I believe this is due to a problem with my generator as it is producing 254V at idle and the inverter is set to 245. Am i correct or is there something i am missing with the ESS assistant setup? or with the color control GX setup?

ESSGeneratorovervoltage
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shayner avatar image shayner commented ยท

The inverter likes input voltage and frequency from generator but when the inverter connects the generator goes down on overload. I'm fairly certain this has to do with the almost ten volt difference between the generator and inverter with ess running.

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @Shayner

So you have a 10A limit checked in the Quattro? If you also have 'Overruled by remote' checked, the GX will take over. It also has a limit setting, and if that's set way higher than 10A, it will now rule.

Easiest setting to change if you're doing it regularly is the GX one, just click on your Quattro in Device List, and there it is..

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shayner avatar image shayner commented ยท

I've tried leaving over ruled by remote unchecked and with it checked with setting the limit to 10 in the gx control

0 Likes 0 ยท
JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ shayner commented ยท
0 Likes 0 ยท
shayner avatar image shayner JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

Thanks, I missed reading the fine print on that one. Disabled the lom and now it doesn't cause generator to kick out on overload

0 Likes 0 ยท