question

dagr47 avatar image
dagr47 asked

No Networking Option Available with BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 V1.30

I have a BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 V1.30 with the dongle and it works fine I just bought the Smart Battery Sense and got it networked. Now when I try to add the MPPT to the same network, I don't see the option to add it to the network under settings. I played the video on the Smart Battery Sense and I don't see all of the options it shows. Is there a firmware update I need? Is it the V1.47 I read about in your docs?

MPPT ControllersVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@dagr47, please check that the part number (PN) of your bluetooth dongle ends in 1; if it ends in 0, the dongle is not compatible with VE.Smart Networking.

You should fully update your MPPT to the latest available firmware regardless, however. The latest FW available will be 1.46, and you should see this pop up as a required update when you connect to your MPPT through VictronConnect and open the settings; if it does not show as a required update, however, you can always open "Settings">"Product Info">"Update Firmware".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dagr47 avatar image
dagr47 answered ยท

@Justin Cook - The dongle PN does end in 0 so that explains that. I tried updating the MPPT but nothing shows when I go to the Firmware Library page. Just a blank page. Do you know why? Is my MPPT also outdated?

2 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

@dagr47, what version of VictronConnect are you using? You should be on Version 5.16; if you're not, update VictronConnect first and then VC will automatically provide the latest firmware available for your MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ยท
dagr47 avatar image dagr47 Justin Cook โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Thanks, Justin. You've been a big help. I got Victron Connect, MPPT and Smart Battery Sense updated. Now I need to buy the updated dongle.

BTW - Do you know what the hysteresis is with the low temp cutoff in the Smart Battery Sense?

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual