question

Jon S avatar image
Jon S asked

Color Controller GX does not show DC loads

Hi,

I have an all Victron setup, including Lithium, CCGX, Quattro,Lynx ion Shunt, BMV, and MPPTs. The CCGX does not show DC loads. It only shows Grid/Genset, Invert, AC loads, PV, and Battery. Maybe I need a BMS with shunt to show all loads, but I thought the Lynx Ion 1000 shunt would show everything coming in and out of the battery. Maybe I am wrong.

I also read the below setup info in the not so good online manual the last sentence being somewhat surprising.

Rated at 1000 A

Setup

Setup is like setting up a BMV and this is done via the CCGX or VGX.

To find out the meaning of the various settings, please see the BMV manual

Please don’t use the 2-pin terminal block on the Lynx-shunt.

I noticed 2 wires in a snap in block not plugged in. when I plugged it in the ah usage became more accurate, but does not show up as a DC input output on the screen. It shows with in the shunt screen. Unplugging it has the amp hours much less. Plugging it in has it more accurate.

Is there a better schematic for this shunt? How do I get DC info to show on the CCGX?

Thanks,

Jon

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Hi @j0n.st3wart,

Did you enable "Has DC System" under the CGX System Settings menu?

Best Regards
Riaan

1579837586177.png (28.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jon S avatar image Jon S commented ·

I did not do the original config. I checked this was not set and that was the problem. Doh!

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·