question

doug401 avatar image
doug401 asked

3 of 6 MPPT 100/20 controllers bluetooth vanished after power shutdown

After a 1 week vacation, half of my controllers are no longer visible via bluetooth. I shut power off to all 6 controllers prior to leaving on vacation. All lights are normal, and controllers are currently working producing watts, Bulk, etc.

Ive tried deleting bluetooth info on phones, tablets etc. no help. Rebooted phones etc.

Ive tried cutting power again to controllers, no help

This happened once before several months ago, and the other 3 controllers came back after a day or two. What's going on?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
doug401 avatar image
doug401 answered ·

I found a fix. I disconnected one solar lead, the pulled the 15 amp fuse for each controller. I waited for all lights to dim, de-energized. Then I put the 15 amp fuse back in... while creating a decent small spark with each fuse insertion... at all 3 locations. Bluetooth now works with all 6 controllers.

Bottom line, just pulling the fuse doesn't clear the controller. Disconnect solar too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic