question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Isolated (Size of Wire)

Anyone know the biggest Wire that the size Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Isolated could take?

i Have gauge 2Awg... Will that fix?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smartwiring diagram
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jhickok avatar image jhickok commented ·

I have 4awg going in to mine. It's a VERY tight fit.

0 Likes 0 ·
mjaben avatar image mjaben jhickok commented ·

Jhickok- how did you get the 4awg to fit?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Fenix.

16mm2 it sez in the spec sheet: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Orion-Tr-Smart-DC-DC-chargers-isolated-250-400W-EN.pdf

Your 2AWG is bigger than that. If you must, you'll need to doctor it to fit..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Fenix, I have 6AWG going into mine (the first 24/12-30 prototype available) and it's a tight but comfortable fit. 16mm2 translates to roughly 5AWG, which would be tight... since we don't do 5AWG, you should either go with the 6AWG like I have or you could try 4AWG and realize that you're going to have to be carefully trimming strands. 2AWG would require a lot of trimming, and of course significantly increased risk of runaway strands - overall I wouldn't advise trying that.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron DC-DC converters product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic