question

chris-raidler avatar image
chris-raidler asked

Smartsolar MPPT 100/20 Bluetooth Pairing not working on Android, PC or even Apple

Hi

I bought a brand new Smartsolar MPPT 100/20, tried to connect Android (Huawei), Apple (iPhone) or Windows - asks for Passkey ... tries to do pairing, three lights flash quickly ... asks for Passkey ... loops forever. Normally the blue LED flashes.

I also have an Orion Smart Tr 12/12-30 - works with my Android.

Any ideas? The solar charger does not activate the load output (just 0.5V) so it is absolutely useless piece of hardware as of now - a costly one though.

Thank you

Chris

MPPT ControllersBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Chris Raidler okay, one more thought: if it keeps asking for the passkey, and looping, that indicates the passkey entered is not the correct one. I'm assuming that you're entering the default "000000" but it's worth going ahead and resetting the PIN code as described in section 3.3 of the VictronConnect manual. If that doesn't work, I concur with others in saying it's time to contact your dealer for additional troubleshooting or an exchange.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris-raidler avatar image chris-raidler commented ·

Yeah, my friend, don't worry. I took a replacement from the dealer ... works like a charm. Why did we even bother ... :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
crouchorama avatar image crouchorama chris-raidler commented ·
Hi Chris,

I just got a MPPT 100 20 and want to know if you actually got yours working with bluetooth on a pc.

Thanks,

David

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ crouchorama commented ·
Hi David, BT access from Windows is not possible - see Section 4.1 of the VictronConnect manual.
0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Chris,

Have a read of the Victron Connect Manual. There should be some answers in there for your problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Please see my last comment

0 Likes 0 ·
chris-raidler avatar image
chris-raidler answered ·

So, you should be able to point me to the correct section where I should find some answers for my problem then?

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you try to restart the MPPT ( disconnect everything, wait a few seconds an reconnect)?

2 comments
2 |3000

I did disconnect. I did reinstall Victron Connect. Deteted cache, app data between connection attempts. I deleted pairings. Yes, I granted the App location, even memory control. Still no luck.

Not able to connect. Not Android, not Apple.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ chris-raidler commented ·

I cant think of anything else to try.

Have you contacted your retailer?

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Chris Raidler, Windows BT protocol is not compatible with these devices, so you will be unable to connect that way.

The Victron Connect Manual as previously linked by another user will provide you with the answers you need, and additional troubleshooting steps if you still encounter issues. The most cursory glance at even the first 4 paragraphs will quickly reveal the most common problems when connecting devices, but I strongly encourage you to read the entire thing, as indeed I suggest you read the device manual as well.

2 |3000

nigely avatar image
nigely answered ·

Didn't I read somewhere that victron actually program a unique pass code into each unit now, it's on the actually unit or on the box it came in I think.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual