question

rpb272 avatar image
rpb272 asked

Bluetooth connection fails at 20% for MPPT 100/30

I have a Motorola Moto G phone (3rd gen) running Android 6.0.1.

It connected OK by Bluetooth when our panels were first fitted six months ago and worked fine until last month.

Now connection fails at 20%. I have updated the app, deleted and reinstalled it and deleted the MPPT from the phone's Bluetooth list. I add the MPPT from the app first and have not seen any security query in notifications bar, asking for 000000.

I have tried connecting with a couple of different iPhones with no joy.

This seems to be a common problem. Any suggestions?

If I am to disconnect the batteries and panels what order should I do this in? Can I do it at the controller end? Should I do it at night? What order should I reconnect them in?

Thanks

Richard

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Richard,

To reboot the mppt, disconnect the solar first, then battery. Wait a minute or so, reconnect battery first, then solar.

Also in your phones app settings, make sure that location is enabled for Victron connect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rpb272 avatar image
rpb272 answered ·

Thanks a lot. I just checked and location is enabled for the app. I will try the reboot method, disconnecting as suggested at the mppt end rather than digging around in the engine bay!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic