question

kevhannouna avatar image
kevhannouna asked

question about mppt ecoflow delta 1300wh

hello i plan to by the battery ecoflow delta 1300wh who have already an mppt inside of it

i would like to know if i need a better mppt by buying victron and if yes which one should i buy

here is the specification the brand gaves me ''" DELTA supports any solar input ranges from 10V to 65V with a maximum current of 10A, and a maximum input of 400W. ""

i saw some victron it was written 75 /15 , or 100/15 what is the number behind the 15A ?

the max watt ?

i don't know for the moment if i will buy the solar panels from them (ecoflow) after my researches i don't really know what to buy , because efficiency is important but the longevity of the panel is too

thank you for your research's , thank's a lot

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@kevhannouna, the number behind the "15" is the voltage input limit; a 75/15 can handle a hard limit of 75vDC from a PV array and will put out up to 15A of charge current to a battery bank. The 100/15 will accept a hard limit of 100vDC from the PV array and will put out up to 15A of charge current to the battery bank.

Have a look at the line of Victron MPPTs here: https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vjktpd avatar image
vjktpd answered ·

I have exactly the same question.. did you solve it?

I’m thinking victron 100/20 with output charge voltage manually set at 48v and max current set at 10A. I’m using four 20v 100w 5.9A panels wired series/parallel 2 pairs to output about @40v and @10A. My thinking is victron will prevent any breach of 10A limit. The other mppt 75/10 75/15 wont allow output voltage above 24v which is required to hit 400 watts output (40v x 10A - 400w).

Any advice welcome !

2 |3000

droomboter avatar image
droomboter answered ·

I'm curious as well if that would work.

I can confirm that the delta ecoflow mppt does not handle overcurrent nicely. I have a qcells qpeak 330w pv panel attached to my delta mppt. This panel is specced at 10.2Amp short circuit and 9.71Amp at maximum power point. Very close to the delta's max of 10amp. The delta tries to get to max power (you can see the solar input rising on the display) but trips out around 200w and then starts again from 0w. This setup only works on cloudy days when the current stays low enough.

Would it indeed be possible to use a victron mppt to feed the delta?

2 |3000