question

billp avatar image
billp asked

LiFePo4 battery lifetime cycles, (any warranty?)

Hi all,

I know (or I 'think' I know) that LiFePo4 batteries have higher lifetime if not charged fully. I have not seen any data from Victron that correlates SOC to lifetime. I'm hoping that Victron has internally done this sort of testing by now. Any chance that Victron will have this information available at some point?

Also it's not clear to me what fully charged means for a Victron battery. Is it 14.2 V or 14.4 V??

What would be acceptable voltage for a lower state of charge, such as 90-95%?

And lastly, are Victron batteries warranteed for some specific time period?

Thanks!

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

SOC % and Voltage don't correlate very well at all, the current flowing through the battery affects the terminal Voltage. So, for longevity, keeping a wider margins from the upper and lower limits will help prolong the lifetime.

Upon consulting the datasheet, for a 12V Victron Lithium battery, you can charge up to between 14V and 14.4V with 14.2V being the recommended level.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-12,8-&-25,6-Volt-lithium-iron-phosphate-batteries-Smart-EN.pdf

I believe that Victron Lithium batteries carry a 3 year limited warranty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic