question

lucas avatar image
lucas asked

Shut-down multiplus based on SOC ?

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a system with the ESS assistant, and the start/stop generator.

I want the following :

1) When SOC >70% : Ignore grid input and use the PV/battey.

2) When grid failure : Use PV/battery until SOC drops down to 50%

The first point is working that to the Start/stop generator assistant.

However, in case of grid failure, I would like to run the batteries until a SOC of 50% before shutting down the system. How can I configure that in the Venus GX or in the VEConfigure.

I've only find a way to shut-down based on voltage...

Thanks you very much for your answer !

I have a system composed of the following elements :

- 1x multiplus 2000/48V
- 1x Venus GX

- 12 batteries ultracell 12V/200Ah

- 2x MPPT 150V/60A

- Communication cables Venus - MPPTs, and venus - Multplus

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ยท

Hi @lucas

You can configure the relay output on the color control or venus to provide a control signal to your generator.

First you need to setup this function under the relay menu

Once you have selected the function you can now configure the required logic. Below is the menu.

The SoC conditions are located as follows.

Generator start/stop settings -> Settings -> Conditions->Battery SoC

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Best Regards

Riaan

1579020815613.png (20.1 KiB)
1579020985436.png (27.0 KiB)
1579021037437.png (11.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucas avatar image lucas commented ยท

Hi @Riaan Barkhuizen,

Thank you for you answer, however it does not solve my problem. Maybe I was not clear enough ;)

I have only PV, Battery and the grid connected to the multiplus (no generator).
I use the generator assistant in order to ignore the grid input for a SOC from 100% to 70%.

Now when the grid fails, I would like the battery to discharge to 50% but not less !

Is there a possibility to configure that, so that the whole system shutdown when battery are at 50% SOC and maybe start again when they are at 70% SOC.

thank you in advance !

Lucas

0 Likes 0 ยท
stratanet avatar image stratanet lucas commented ยท

Hi Lucas,

Have a look at my post here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/13680/using-multiplus-soc-low-shutdown-with-bmv-soc-valu.html

It sounds like you're trying to achieve the same thing I am.

Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ยท
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw lucas commented ยท

If you set the min SOC (unless grid fails) in the ESS settings it should work. My system is configured as optimized with battery life and if enough PV is available the battery will charge and the house coumes the battery. If the SOC drops below the set value it turns off the inverter and the mains supply the house. My timer is also set to then charge the battery off peak.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic