question

techsol avatar image
techsol asked

Fronius zero feed in - 2 Fronius inverters

I need Your help/advice.

We have client with single phase electric installation.

He has two Fronius inverters. Each inverter has connected 3.6kWp of photovoltaics.

We want to build him ESS on BYD and Multi Plus-II 5kVA.

1st Fronius will be connected to the input of the Multi (when there is no grid – inverter turns off).

2nd Fronius will be coupled on the output of the Multi (when there is no grid – inverter still works).

Client cannot feed Energy back to the grid.

Can we realise zero-feed-in function in configuration mentioned in above (scheme in the attatchment)?

If not can You give me any suggestions?

ESSLithium BatteryFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Hi @TechSol

Assuming that you have Fronius inverters that are compatible with the Victron equipment I believe that you would be able to get such a system working.

I would have the master fronius connected to the AC-Out and the slave on AC-In. Under the PV inverters menu of the venus device you will be able to tell the venus gx where each inverter is connected. This would improve control during a grid-outage. You would have the ethernet control as well as the frequency shifting control working.

Both grid-tie inverters would have to be setup using the MG50/60 settings with a specific failover for when the one inverter disappears from the system due to a power outage etc.

When the grid is one the venus would be able to control everything nicely.

As far as I'm concerned you have not violated the factor 1 rule, unless both inverters are connected to AC-out.

Let me know how it goes, very interesting setup.

Best Regards

Riaan

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

techsol avatar image techsol commented ·

Dear Riaan. Thanks for Your suggestions!

Best Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
laurentiupitran avatar image
laurentiupitran answered ·

here attached you have an 3 phase ESS system configured with ZERO INJECTION in second graph and first graph there is same period of time - one month- where you have used energy from grid and injected energy to grid , even is considered ZERO INJECTION.

3 comments
2 |3000

Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image Riaan Barkhuizen commented ·

If you want to have absolutely zero feed in you may need to setup ESS to have a minimum consumption of say 100W as a set-point in place of the 0W target.

0 Likes 0 ·
laurentiupitran avatar image laurentiupitran Riaan Barkhuizen commented ·

hi,

there is not ZERO injection in this kind of regulator in ESS system; in practice, you can set any value that you want as consumption from grid, at the end of experiments you will feed the grid .....

both of pictures are made with 30 w injection in grid; more or less is coming critical as value injected on gird

0 Likes 0 ·
techsol avatar image techsol commented ·

Dear Laurentin,

thanks for Your answer!

@laurentiu.pitran@gmail.com

0 Likes 0 ·