question

elf avatar image
elf asked

MPPT 7515 VE.Direct voltage reading in VictronConnect is wrong

I have had a problem with battery capacity and just thought it may be a bit low or a bit of sulfation. Today I checked and found the eletrolyte very low, needing over 100ml per cell ??

On further invetsigation I discovered the voltage reading via the Victron Direct was over 2v lower than the battery and load termkinal voltage, meaning the batteries had been charging 2v over the recommend voltage. No wonder the electrolyte had disappeared.

Is there a problem with the software. I had disconnected all wires and batteries etc, several times but still have the same problem. temporarily I am settinf the absorption and float rates to low levels.

There is a problem somewhere and i'd like to fix it.

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @elf,

If the reading directly at the MPPT output terminals with a Multimeter is different to the voltage displayed in VictronConnect, then the unit should be returned to the dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elf avatar image
elf answered ·

Thanks Guy

I think I have the problem. For some reason my digital multimeter starts to error as is reads above 12v, don't ask me why or how. I used an old analogue meter, an AvoMeter 8, and there was no discrepancy. Unlike the Avo the HD1000 uses an internal battery for the screen and more . I have checked the internal battery which seems ok but will replace it. Maybe when it has more work to do than to compare 12v to it's digital matrix the load drops the working voltage and then the 13v becomes 15v ??

Again, thank you for your response

2 |3000