question

adrianm avatar image
adrianm asked

Cyrix Li Load, is it bidirectional

Looking at the Cyrix Load as a battery protection, this will feed the motorhome 12v electrics, and inverter however the 12v connection is via the motorhome electrical distribution block, this also provides via a mains charger on hook up, the charge to the same battery, I was looking to protect with the cyrix, question is, are these devices bi directional, I'm assuming these are just relays?

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Yes the cyrix is bidirectional, but:
You shouldn't use it for that because the cyrix-li-load is only connected to the "load disconnect" of the BMS not to the "charge disconnect".
So you will protect you battery from to deep discharge but not from to high charging.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adrianm avatar image adrianm commented ·

OK so I thought I would have the Cyrix Li charge, on the AC charger/solar/alternator input to the electrical distribution box, so this should isolate charging but leave load connected, only issue I see is if it disconnects the load, I would not be able to charge the battery, I'm assuming the "Emergency Reconnect" would solve this though not sure of the behaviour of this function, like will it only stay connected for 30 seconds

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ adrianm commented ·

The "start assist function" is only available at the cyrix-li-ct.
I would recommend you to separate the loads and the charger.

0 Likes 0 ·
adrianm avatar image adrianm Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Unless I'm mistaken the Cyrix Li Load pdf shows this with an "emergency reconnect" basically a 12v pulse to pin 85, if this is correct, would still like to know the behaviour of this function, sorry if I've confused, currently the load and charge are connected, through the electrical distribution board, and there is a significant amount of other services supported, so reluctant to separate at this stage.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ adrianm commented ·

Oh, you are right. But it is only in the wiring schematic not in the text.

I'm not sure about this.

0 Likes 0 ·