question

michaelf5598 avatar image
michaelf5598 asked

BMV-702 voltage

My multimeter shows 48.8v. My 702 shows 48.8v but when I connect using the BT app, it says 46.7 consistently

my mid nite charge controller matches the multimeter .

BMV Battery Monitorvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Michaelf5598, since you say it's a -702, I presume that you're connecting to it via a BT dongle? There can be a certain amount of discrepancy between BT dongle reported measurements and the BMV measurements, since the BMV's voltage reading is being pulled from the VE.Direct port, translated by the dongle, and then transmitted over BT.

I see this condition occasionally on my test bench, and in certain cases I've had success by: updating the dongle and -702 firmware (if you haven't) and cleaning the VE.Direct port pins (a little funk on the pins can result in inaccurate readings from anything connected to the port). I've also, in other circumstances, successfully solved this discrepancy by replacing the dongle with a newer version (part number ending in 1 rather than the original run with part number ending in 0).

Given that the BMV itself is still evidently functioning properly, it's not anything I'd worry about too much, but if you try the above and are still seeing the discrepancy, you could always get in touch with your distributor and inquire about getting a replacement dongle.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page