question

tdflynn3 avatar image
tdflynn3 asked

MPPT Bluesolar 100/30 unable to join Bluetooth network with BMV-712

I have a Bluesolar 100/30 with Bluetooth dongle and BMV-712 battery monitor. I can see both in the Victron Connect app on my phone. I can create a BT network on the BMV-712 but I cannot create or join this network from the Bluesolar MPPT. I want to be able to send battery voltage, etc to the MPPT to optimize charging.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Tdflynn3, there's a very good chance that you have an older BT dongle, which is not compatible with VE.Smart Networking. The first run of dongles (part no ASS030536010) are incompatible; all subsequent runs (part no ASS030536011 ) are.

Look here for more information: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tdflynn3 avatar image
tdflynn3 answered ·

Can you determine whether it is compatible by the firmware version below?

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@Tdflynn3 unfortunately not; the dongle's part number is on the sticker on the back of it, that'll tell you. Given that your MPPT is from 2015, though, I'm guessing you have one of the early runs of the dongles as well. Just look at the sticker and look at the last digit of the part number (PN). If it's a 0, then it's not compatible, if it's a 1 then it is and the problem is elsewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
tdflynn3 avatar image
tdflynn3 answered ·

@Justin Cook You are correct, the p/n of the dongle ends in 0. Is there any limitations with my older MPPT or can I simply upgrade the dongle and have compatibility with the rest of the system components such as BMV-712 and a temp sensor (either connected to BMV or the BT version)? Thanks for your help.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You only have to change the dongle and it should work.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic