question

Gerald Riddler avatar image
Gerald Riddler asked

I want to add a pylontech battery system to my existing solar array

I want to add a pylontech battery system to my existing solar array , Im sick fed up of con artists trying to sell me things i dont want. where can I get the schematics and a simple layout of the components and what I need. can any one assist me in my plight!!!!! I have 32 panels connected 16 in series and 16 in parallel on 2 different roofs to maximise my solar time. I have 1 x 4 kw solar inverter . I get FIT tarrif so have to be care full to keep this element.

design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Take a look at this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

Designing an ESS system can be very complex you maybe should get in touch with a local dealer/installer who already installed such systems.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Gerald Riddler In simple terms, retrofitting batteries can be done by replacing your inverter with a hybrid inverter to which you attach batteries OR adding another to which the batteries are attached. Proper configuration can be a challenge if the equipment don't play well together so check for proven compatible equipment combinations. In your case for FIT, you have to ensure your generation equipment is MCS or Flexi-Orb approved for micro generation, although you will unlikely use the battery to feed the grid, but consume from it at night. Beware, you are not allowed to feed power from a battery that were charged from the grid as it is not generated by your system. Your FIT will most likely be reduced given solar will typically first feed loads, then charge batteries and then feed grid. As m.lange suggests, there are lots of material out there and well worth the investment to understand the complexities.

2 |3000

Gerald Riddler avatar image
Gerald Riddler answered ·

Thank you both for your valued input, I will look at the information provided a great start for my New Year. Please accept my thanks and yourself s have a great New Year.@M.Lange @ejrossouw

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic