question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.42 released

See here: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/12/20/venus-os-v2-41-fixing-byd-communications-and-more/

My thanks to all that helped improving v2.40.

in the mean time the developers are working on v2.50; which primarily means tying up any loose ends wrt Cerbo GX, as well as keeping a lookout / looking into bug reports.

Merry Christmas all!

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wyrdone avatar image wyrdone commented ·

Will v2.5.0 add support for Raspberry Pi 4 hardware?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ wyrdone commented ·

Hi, probably not. It needs more work & v2.50 is reserved for the Cerbo GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jerry34 avatar image
jerry34 answered ·
Hello, I also noticed a bug in the menu, multiplus-advanced-equalization.
The venus hangs on (equalization start) at the second equalization.
Thank you
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

Hello @Jerry34,

If a BMS is present which dictates the charge voltage the multi won't go to equalization. The gui shouldn't hang in that case, unlike the bug fix for 2.42, navigation should still work etc, but just display Starting equalization forever. Obviously this should be looked at to either hide the option or explain it is not supported. But that will be in a normal release, not a bug fix one.

Unless you really manage to hang the whole device of course. But I think you mean above behavior. Please let me know if that is not the case.

0 Likes 0 ·
jerry34 avatar image jerry34 jeroen ♦ commented ·
No bms, 5 130ah batteries, one venus gx, multi 12/3000, 2x mppt 100/50, one bmv 700, ess mode.
settings:
Dvcc, svs ...
0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ jerry34 commented ·

Hello @Jerry34,

Thanks, as already mentioned, it will be looked at and resolved in a normal release. Can you confirm though that only the value "hangs" not the whole venus device as you originally wrote?

0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ jerry34 commented ·

I made a issue for it, https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/573 ,is that the same as what you are seeing?

0 Likes 0 ·
jerry34 avatar image jerry34 jeroen ♦ commented ·
Yes that's fine.
After an equalization I cannot do another one.
The venus remains in the "start equalization" state and once the venus is blocked, the only solution is a manual reset.
0 Likes 0 ·
jerry34 avatar image jerry34 jerry34 commented ·
Finally, it is impossible to perform two equalizations in a row.
Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources