question

fracka avatar image
fracka asked

VictronConnect crash when trying to update BMV-712 firmware

VictronConnect crashing / locking up when trying to update BMV-712 firmware

This is happening on Mac, iOs, and Android.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

12 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, thank you all for reporting. Solved, VictronConnect v5.15 is coming. See:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/36168/victron-connect-v514-update-issue.html

our apologies for inconvenience caused!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mathew Hamilton Green avatar image
Mathew Hamilton Green answered ·

Same with me...

2 |3000

john-langford avatar image
john-langford answered ·

Same with me. I just installed my BMV-712 Smart which is working fine. When attempting to engage the Victron Connect app using my iPhone 6, I reached the same update page that Fracka displayed above, the app froze and the update bar would not respond to my touch. Same result on many retries.

I’m hoping that Victron customer service will join this thread and help us out.

2 |3000

cowboyjack avatar image
cowboyjack answered ·

Having exact same problem on iPhone and iPad with BMV 712, MPPT 100/30 and MPPT 75/15.

VERY frustrating for my first Victron purchase

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Fracka, @cowboyjack, @John Langford, @Mathew Hamilton Green, what version of VictronConnect are you all running?

2 comments
2 |3000

svtti123 avatar image svtti123 commented ·

running v5.14

having same problem as Fracka

installed a bmv 712 connected to Victron app and shows the 712 in the device list after selecting the 712 a update screen pops up

but when I hit update nothing happens apps stays on update screen locks up phone .I use the same phone with all my mppt controllers and it works fine including battery sense.

just to be sure I tried the bmv-712 on another phone and same thing happens.

and ideas ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ svtti123 commented ·

Unfortunately not; the majority of the problems seem to be with the iOS version, which I have no way to test. I've just tested multiple device updates with VC 5.14 on my Android 8.1.0 and experienced no issues, so I can't reproduce the problem and therefore can't advise how to fix it... Give it a day or so, I have every confidence that Victron tech support will catch up to the problem and be able to advise re a solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
cowboyjack avatar image
cowboyjack answered ·

Uhhhh... downloaded victron connect from the iOS app store TODAY, so whatever version is in the AppStore as of today.

have latest version of iOS, tried deleting and reloading app, etc.

2 |3000

cowboyjack avatar image
cowboyjack answered ·

Version 5.14

2 |3000

fracka avatar image
fracka answered ·

@Justin Cook. Today was the first day I downloaded the three apps. So Mac --> v5.1.4, iOS --> v5.14, the android was a friends phone but guess the same version as they seem to be all the same code base.

2 |3000

jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

We are looking into it. Please post here the current version of the BMV Bluetooth interface.

2 |3000

cowboyjack avatar image
cowboyjack answered ·

My phone screen looks exactly like the photo above/below. So current BMV 712 version is v2.14

1576117958203.png (308.0 KiB)
2 |3000

john-langford avatar image
john-langford answered ·

Same here. V2.14. Why do we have to download v2.23 in close proximity to the monitor? What about updating the app itself so we can download the new version anyplace and bring it to the boat already installed in the phone?

2 |3000

parasol avatar image
parasol answered ·

Update the Android app to version 5.15 and it works.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic