question

nebulight avatar image
nebulight asked

BP65 Smart remote port not working? Bad unit?

I just got a BP65 to work with on the bench and to have a spare for my camper van. However I noticed that the remote port does not work. I pulled the remote plug out completely and it was still active. I also tried hooking it up to battery positive and that didn't work either.

I hooked up my multimeter to it and this is what I'm getting on. My other BP65 is in my camper van so I'm not sure what what it's supposed to be set to. I did try resetting the unit in the software, but it didn't help. Do I just have a bad unit?

Battery Protect
1575779519878.png (902.8 KiB)
1575787494965.png (772.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

hi nebulight,

I don't know if the toggle on your phone shows the bp output state, or toggles the bp on/off?

I would chuck a load on the bp output, and check what the phone toggle does. Also check for output switching with jumper removal.

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

The BP works fine. I can toggle the load output in the app just fine and it will turn the loads on and off. I did a diode test across the two posts and the mosfet seems to be fine. It's only the physical remote port that isn't working properly. I just got the unit so I can probably just return it for another, but if there was something I'm missing, I thought I'd post.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, yes, get it replaced. I’m sorry for the troubles.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.