question

Epicycler avatar image
Epicycler asked

Values for MPPT Hex Protocol Register 200C Device State

Hi,

the latest MPPT Hex Protocol documentation refers to Register 200C Device State but does not provide the accepted register values to represent Bulk, Absorption, Float.

What are they?

Thanks

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, its very similar to the other state one, 0x0201.

The device state vreg (0x0201) is read-only (for ve.direct) and it is always present. The link device state (0x200C) is writable and should only be present when external control (sync charging/ess/etc) is used by the device.

The goal is to have a separate register between telling what the device should do; and seeing what it actually does.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

ps we'll add this to the documentation too.

0 Likes 0 ·
panmanjon avatar image panmanjon mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I am having some problems using the node-red inject node to a Blue Solar mppt 150/70 -tr to turn it on and off - worked fine with can bus and mod bus through the venus gx but am trying to control direct from the raspberry pi node-red flow. My problem is getting the correct msg payload message to inject up the ve.direct serial link.

From the VE.DIRECT Protocol Blue and smart solar MPPT Chargers document (quite difficult for me to understand) I can see that register 0x0202 bit 1 needs to be set to 1 and register 0x0200 needs to be 4 (or 0) for off and 1 for on - I just need to know the payload type and exact messages please - many thanks in advance

OK - I have finally worked out the required string for a node-red inject command to turn the solar charger off it is ["0x3A","0x38","0x30","0x30","0x30","0x32","0x30","0x30","0x30",["0x34","0x34","0x37","0x0A"]

I am still lost in how to turn it on - according to the spec it needs a mask on register 202 to enable remote control and then I think an on command to register 200

I really would appreciate some help please - thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
d-ferdi avatar image d-ferdi commented ·

hello,

how can this register be read-only if the manual says, that it is needed to write to this register periodicaly to activate slave mode ?

i have a file from 2016 and one from 2018 (downloaded this year) with the same information to register 0201.

goodby

0 Likes 0 ·
Epicycler avatar image
Epicycler answered ·

thanks Matthias, I'm syncing four non-bluetooth MPPT 100/30 to diy Lithium. Thanks also for the adaptive/normal absorption time switch.

2 |3000

Epicycler avatar image
Epicycler answered ·

PS forgot to mention Adaptive Mode needs "type" including in the Hex Protocol documentation.

2 |3000