question

zambiankid avatar image
zambiankid asked

Need Help with quattro's and multiplus II. New to victron and have not purchased yet.

Good day all. I am from Zambia and we experience 12-15 hours a day without power. Basically my director has asked me for some help to design him a system. He has a big generator that he runs all time so if batteries are low he can us generator.

For his system I suggested the Quattro 48/15000/200-100/100 VE.Bus with the smart solar 150/100tr mppt charger and BMV-712smart with 500a/50mv shunt.

Now my question is.... What would be required to get everything to talk to each other? He is also asking about lithium batteries.

I am now in the deep end as I don't understand what I would need for the inverter and bmv and solar charger to communicate to each other.

I know this is a long winded question but I'd really appreciate any feed back. Also this is a song shot but would there be anyone willing to help me over WhatsApp messenger,

Thank you in advance

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi 'Kid. The answer to your base question is Yes, they can all be tied together with a GX box (a range of available): https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

But you need help to design this system. A 15kVA Quattro is a stonking piece of kit, but may not be appropriate.

I can only find one Victron dealer in Zambia listed, but perhaps talk to them first to see what you can glean:

http://suntech-zambia.com/

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zambiankid avatar image zambiankid commented ·

Yes i know it's a beast of a machine.

He has alot he wants on hey.

5x fridge/freezers

2x aircons even at night

Koi pond equipment

Lighting

Tv, microwave, dishwasher,

I suggested a 600ah battery bank with gel batteries.

Any advice on what would be better. It's just so carry some cost in fuel as his generator uses 2ltrs per hour

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @ZambianKid. What @JohnC said is correct. If I can add to that: in my experience, running air conditioners, koi ponds etc would need an array in the region of 10kwp or even a bit more. Your MPPT choice of 150/100 can only support an array in the region of 5kwp, so I would definitely recommend you look at at least two of them. Also consider the 250V range, it’s easier to string the panels with them. There is a lot to consider, I can help

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic