question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Anyone with a Ziehl unit in the installation?

Hi,

I was hoping i could see how others have implemented the Ziehl anti islanding units in their installations.
I find the schematics in the manual a little overwhelming and would like to see examples in victron installations if possible.

Are you using one or two contactors?

Kind Regards

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvanrensburg avatar image
mvanrensburg answered ·

You need only one contactor. Use Anti-islanding-solutions-EN.pdf

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

The German, Austrian and French standards require two electric switching devices connected in series. The Ziehl relay controls both switching devices. Note: the second contactor is not needed for G83/2 and G59/3 compliant systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
stevo07 avatar image stevo07 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

G83 and G59 are out of date, it is now G98 and G99 for the UK. I am not sure how many contactors are required though.

0 Likes 0 ·
tj-botten avatar image tj-botten commented ·

Thanks for sharing the schematic. I have a question regarding the Ziehl's communication with the Multiplus, do separate communication cables need to be run for communication, and where they will be connected on the Multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic