question

fabien083 avatar image
fabien083 asked

"charger enabled" setting on MPPT Smart Solar

Hello everyone,

I would like to know a bit more technically about the setting "charger enabled" accessible via the Victron connect app for the Smart Solar MPPTs.

The documentation says it can be toggled off only during maintenance. Why the documentation says that ? Is that means it musn't be toggled off for a long period and just for a short period of maintenance ? An hour ? A day ? A week ?

What's that setting technically do in the controller and what are the limitations for using it ?

Thank you in advance if you can help me understanding this.

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi Fabien, You can ignore that remark and disable it as long as you want.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fabien083 avatar image fabien083 commented ยท

Hi Mvader, thank you for your answer but do you know what is going on technically in the controller when this setting is toggled off ?

Does it act like an open breaker between the controller an the solar pannels ? In this case is it better to toggle it off or on at night or in weak brightness than with full sunshine ?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Mark avatar image Mark โ™ฆโ™ฆ fabien083 commented ยท

Just like when your batteries are full and the MPPT transistors don't load up the PV array, the same occurs when when you flick the switch in Victron Connect - use the feature whenever you need/want to.

0 Likes 0 ยท
fabien083 avatar image fabien083 Mark โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Ok, thank you two very much for these informations. I know understand this setting.

0 Likes 0 ยท