question

martysch avatar image
martysch asked

Issues updating color controller from v1 to v2

Trying to update the color controller to version 2, have followed the procedure correctly. when buttons A and B are released the screen turns blue but prepare update does not show. Ironically the controller downloaded a data file to the SD card. Also I have a brand new 150 / 100 can version regulator, the color controller will not display the data even though its in the device list. The other controllers are 150/85 older units which the data is displayed.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @martysch,

It sounds like you are describing the procedure from this manual and video:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2

I have done it many times myself, and had many successes, and few failures.

Is it possible to record a video of yourself doing the procedure so that I can see where it might be going wrong and how I might be able to help.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martysch avatar image martysch commented ·

Hi Guy.

Would like to sort this color controller if it is possible, I have tried several times to update the firmware without success. Frustration is growing now.

Cheers marty.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ martysch commented ·

Hi @martysch,

There are several places where things can go awry, please record a video of yourself doing the procedure, step by step, as described in the update guide and from that I might be able to see a reason that it is not working.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2

0 Likes 0 ·
martysch avatar image
martysch answered ·

Hi Guy.

Where would you like me to send the video.

Cheers marty.

2 |3000