question

peter-bris avatar image
peter-bris asked

Orion TR smart 12/12 30 current consumption when remote off?

Hello everyone,

the manual says "off load current" <80mA.

I understand that's with the unit 'on' but no load connected.

But what's the quiescent current when unit is off by remote switch function (L/H pins)?

Looking forward to receiving your replies cheers!

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@Peter Bris, I have a 24/12-30A model on my test bench right now and can verify that with remote jumper removed or manually switched, the unit is fully off, no measurable draw at all. I will verify this upon our receipt of the 12/12-30A units (we had to wait for them a while here in the US) but I would not expect that to be different.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chado avatar image chado commented ยท

This was helpful. Do you know what the draw is when the unit is 'off' via the app versus physical switched off?

0 Likes 0 ยท
peter-bris avatar image
peter-bris answered ยท

@Justin Cook thanks for that.

Unfortunately these smart Tr 12/12-30's don't seem to be available anywhere including my neck of the woods (Australia).

2 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

@Peter Bris Just be patient a little longer... we'll be getting our first shipment of them fresh off the boat within the next 30 days or so (we're in California) and should be pretty much the first distributors outside of Europe stocking them. I'd say by the end of Feb/ mid March they'll be all over the place.

...that's not just hearsay either, we literally have tracking of them on the boat :-P

0 Likes 0 ยท
JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

This supplier in Oz lists them as 'in stock', but 'contact us' first. Maybe on the water? The price is in AUD, which hasn't the value of USD. (Unfortunately)..

https://energyconnections.net.au/product/victron-shop/444/1213/118005/victron-orion-tr-smart-1212-30a-360w-isolated-dc-dc-charger

0 Likes 0 ยท