question

missy avatar image
missy asked

Orion tr charger floating too early

I have a Victron Orion tr 12/12-30 connected to the starter battery in my Sprinter campervan. It seems to be working, but keeps going into absorption and float way too early. It also seems to make no difference to my battery percentage. I drove for 3 hours with my solar turned off and didn't increase at all!

Right now my BMV-712 says my house batteries are at 69%. My victron solar mppt is still in bulk and the Orion is in float! I have checked all of the connections, and reset to factory default before adjusting the settings. This prompted it to go into bulk for a couple of minutes only.

I have 3 x 100ah agm batteries. The charging profile recommended by Photonic Universe is Bulk/abs 14.20 Cond. 13.85 Float 13.5

I have attached screen shots, and would love to know why it doesn't seem to be working properly!

Cheers

Missy x

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Without looking at SOC, what catches my eyes is the different battery voltages around your BMV, Orion and MPPT. Maybe you can provide a wiring diagram or photos from your installation?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.