question

Dave van Dongen avatar image
Dave van Dongen asked

Are there plans for a 3 phase MultiPlus all-in-1 device?

I think Victron equipment can be perfectly used to build residential energy storage systems. But most households increasingly have 3 phase connections, to cope with the increased loads, like electric vehicle charging, induction cooking, heat pumps, etc.
To build a 3 phase ESS it now takes 3 seperate inverter devices, which takes quite a bit of space. Some competitors have 3 phase all-in-1 box inverters. (sonnen with 3 phase Steca inverter and Solax 3 phase PV inverter with battery input, for example)
I prefer to use Victron above the other brands, but it would be nice to have a 3 phase all-in-1 box MultiPlus/Quattro battery inverter. Especially in the range of 3000 VA to 15000 VA.
Are the any plans to introduce such a device in the (near) future?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hello @Dave van Dongen, welcome to the community! You'll find that this community exists for support of existing devices rather than questions regarding possible upcoming devices; per the Victron Community Guidelines :

"When will new product X, Y or Z be available?

Please do not ask the community when products, updates or approvals will be ready or available.

New products are announced at various shows and on the Victron blog website. This is done when the specifications are quite certain, but before there is a good indication around supply dates. Delays can occur. Victron Professionals can subscribe to our weekly newsletter which provides updates.

Check the price list on our website. For soon-coming-but-not-yet-in-available products, it lists an indicative release date. Anything not listed in the price list yet is not progressed far enough for us to give out a date. So we will not comment on availability questions.

Approvals are often subject to testing and 3rd party organisations that operate on their own timeline.

Thanks for your interest and patience, we want to have these available too!"

So, long story short: maybe, maybe not. Keep an eye on the Victron Blog as suggested and rest assured that you're in good company with all of us loyal users eagerly anticipating whatever product might be next released!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave van Dongen avatar image
Dave van Dongen answered ·

I wasn't (yet) asking when new product X will be available. I was asking if there are any plans to bring out a device like this at all. This is important information to know, because this can decide on which platform we will base new solutions. We need/are going to need 3 phase inverters now and in the near future. If Victron doesn't have any plans to bring out a device like this, we will need to seriously consider different platforms to build solutions.
I think it would be good if users can make recommendations to Victron about what is wanted or needed in the marktet. I wouldn't know of any better place to make these recommendations and/or ask for these new features of products than on this forum. Because here other users can add and remark on to these recommendations.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Well that's a fair point, and "Feature requests" are certainly encouraged on the forum, so I suppose a "Device Request" should be acceptable too!

0 Likes 0 ·