question

simcom avatar image
simcom asked

Need advice for the best and cheapest solution for my car fleet.

Hello,

I need some advice on how to save baterries in my van fleet. Every single car has a webasto/eberspracher air heating, my guys sleep in these cars every day and in winter it causes a lot of problems with starting the cars up. I know, that the easiest solution is to add between car battery and the heater wires - smart battery connect. I believe what it does is just switching heater power off and save the battery to crank the engine. Ok, but what if I want to add the second battery only for heating purposes ? Maybe not Llithium, just lead acid or something (it can support lithium for the future of course).

I'm little bit confused looking on all off these schematics with solar charging and grid charging options combined together.... I want just to add a simple solution and separate the second battery for heating and let it charge while car is running (additional recharging will be from auxiliary ex 7A smart charger if needed)

What should I look for in victron collection :) ?

Really appreciate any help - winter is coming.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sean avatar image
sean answered ·

I'd fit a split charge relay, a good one - along with a secondary (suited to the application) battery.

http://www.antares.co.uk/original-split-charge.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thats exactly what the cyrix do.

0 Likes 0 ·