question

Michael Schmidt avatar image
Michael Schmidt asked

Heavy Noise on Multiplus II 48/5000

I have a problem with loud humming noiseon Multiplus II.

the multiplus is hearable in the house throu 3 walls easily.

and because victron is often used in caravans i cant belive that tis is normal :).

so my question is what i i make better to reduce this noise?

i found out that the noise is sometimes oscillatin, that means it is getting lower (down to zero and comes back up to full noise) therwhile it is the normal inverting power (200-500w)

so maybe the following reason is responsible??

we have a bad power factor (it is a new house with lots of Ledˋs Transformers and more.

(We have in standby a power factor of 0.1-0.5) “dont know if this is normal for new houses„?

hope for your help.

best regards

Michael

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes they are known for it, any rectifier electronic load can make they resonate with the harmonics generated by the loads.

Mine does the same on certain loads.

I have ask the question on this matter before on a fix nothing to date it also does it on the phoenix inverters as well. It is either a hardware design issue or a software filter is required to ignore the harmonics etc.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Schmidt avatar image
Michael Schmidt answered ·

so for my understanding...

NOT my bad Power Factor is responsible for this noise?

So if the problem are harmonic waves a EMI Filter would be a cheap solution?

https://produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/375000-399999/398716-da-01-en-1_PHASE_FILTER_40_C_16A_FN_2020_16_06.pdf

^^for example

did i understood this right?

best regards

Michael

1 comment
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Correct.

0 Likes 0 ·