question

steved avatar image
steved asked

New install, 2 battery banks, Centaur charger, BMV702 and Cyrix-CT

I'm currently upgrading from two separate engine batteries (with link) that also lower the domestic circuits. Looking at the schematics for the Cyrix it shows the charger connected to only the domestic bank. Is this the best way to do it or can I connect both banks to the charger without messing up the working of the Cyrix or the BMV?

error
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steved avatar image steved commented ·

That should of course read "power the domestic"

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks John that makes sense. A mate is coming in two weeks time to do the wiring for me. His wiring is really neat, especially compared to mine which is more function over form :)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Steve. There's probably no technical reason you couldn't do that, but if you're using each bank in a totally different way, like your starter batt(s) for starting/standby/mission-critical, and deep-cycling your house batts, then they might be better set up with the Centaur feeding the house batts with the cycle-charge regime and just topping off the engine batt with the Cyrix's milder charge regime.

Depends exactly what your doing with each. The Cyrix has plenty grunt, and using it alone might simplify the wiring a little. The Centaur's outputs are supposedly 'isolated', but you'd want to make sure that one batt can't feed back to the other through the 'common' connections.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks @JohnC, that's the way I have done it and all is good so far :)
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ steved commented ·

Thanks for the feedback Steve. I wish you and your system well..

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic