question

svenjoy avatar image
svenjoy asked

Island mode in current multiplus software - battery priority until higher load

In the current multiplus firmware, there is the ability to set Battery priority until a set of conditions are met. I am trying to set it so that draws under 1500w are from the battery (and inverter) and if the load goes higher, switch to mains. This is to support an air conditioner switching on. (12v/3000/230v). I realize if I lose mains, I will have an overload, but that's an issue to solve for a different day.

For now, if I try this, I go into overload, ripple and the inverter switches off. I have it set to switch at 1500w, no delay. I've switched off the other conditions (soc, voltage). Has anyone tested this, and do I have something misconfigured or misunderstood?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Svenjoy

What setting do you mean exactly? can you make a screenshot of it?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svenjoy avatar image
svenjoy answered ·

I found out that there is a time delay to switch from battery to add line power back in. For synchronization? Even with delay set to 0. It still takes around 12 seconds to switch to line once the limits are reached. This is too long for a high capacity use that needs power quickly, but would support a slower ramp up. It also is too slow to support high load startup needs (like a motor or compressor)

2 |3000