question

seahawksailor avatar image
seahawksailor asked

Installing Skylla IP65 - Start Battery connection?

Hello! I am installing a new Skylla IP65, 3 bank version.

In section 2.3 of the instructions, it says to "connect the positive (+) battery-pole to the "Starter battery plus" connector, see fig 1"

On my Skylla, That connector is nearly two small holes in the board which look to be for some sort of plug. What and how am I supposed to connect the start battery to these two tiny holes? Also, none of the three large connectors are marked for the start battery.

Hope someone can help!skylla-ip-65-install.jpg

installationSkylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

The 3-output version doesn't have a start battery connection; the 1+1 model has the start battery trickle charge connector (that's the +1).

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Skylla-IP65-EN.pdf

Admittedly, that section of the manual should probably have an asterisk on it to avoid the confusion!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seahawksailor avatar image
seahawksailor answered ·

Jim,

Many Thanks! I suspected that may be the case (hence my specifying it was the 3 bank model), but you have cleared that up for me in just a couple hours...and this is my first time posting. Hope all my issues are answered this quickly!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic