question

firestorm411 avatar image
firestorm411 asked

Glass bridge integration: Victron Energy - Raymarine

I just watched a new Victron Energy YouTube video with same name as the title above. The information in the 43 second video is sparse, however, if I'm interpreting the video correctly all I need to have Victron data appear on our Raymarine AXIOM Pro 9 multifuntion display is a Raynet to RJ45 adapter cable. I would then connect the adapter cable directly from the AXIOM to CCGX "without" any intermediary device. Of course I would also have to install the VE app on my AXIOM MFD via the Raymarine Lighthouse 3 OS.

Is my understanding correct? This would be a huge step forward for monitoring the electrical system of our sailboat while at the helm, given that the CCGX is not suitable for above deck use.

I look forward to a confirmation one way or the other.

Kindest regards.

CCGX Color Controlyacht
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hey all; as @jonnys reported as well, the Raymarine software update has been released. Hurray!

One of our sales managers already tested it in a shop (as did our R&D before release ofcourse, in cooperation with Raymarin R&D); and is super positive.

Manual here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-raymarine

It could do with more work (that manual) but all most important bits are in.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

firestorm411 avatar image
firestorm411 answered ยท

After further investigation, my best guess is that the addition of a Raynet to RJ45 adapter cable alone should be all that is required to display Victron data on the Raymarine Axiom Pro MFD. The most current version of Raymarine's Lighthouse 3 software should include the Victron app.

2 comments
2 |3000

Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid commented ยท

Thanks for helpful information:-) Is raynet cable needed when Axiom is connected to the same network as color gx over wifi?

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ Jonny Sollid commented ยท

Hi @jonnys, yes the raynet cable is required. The connection works over LAN/Ethernet only. Not over Wifi.

We're working on the manual, which will explain all the detail like that, and end result will be here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-raymarine

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi @firestorm411, actually you need Lighthouse v3.11, which is expected any day now. The youtube is in preparation of that.

Weโ€™ll then also update our manual wrt MFD Integration as an App, Its a chapter in the ccgx manual. Chapter six if Iโ€™m not mistaken.

And yes, weโ€™re super happy with this too: big step forward wrt integration.

main web page is here: https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/marine-mfd-gx-integration

2 comments
2 |3000

firestorm411 avatar image firestorm411 commented ยท

Thanks for the update, Matthijs. Good to know that Lighthouse v3.11 with have the Victron app. Thank you also for the web links

I'm going to order my 10 m Raymarine Raynet to RJ45 adapter cable right away so I will be ready for unveiling of this spiffy new Victron feature :-)

Kindest regards,

Bryan

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ firestorm411 commented ยท

hahaha, enjoy!

A few notes that yet have to make it in the public manual:

Supported Raymarine models: Axiom, Axiom Pro, Axiom XL.

While Raymarineโ€™s legacy eS and gS displays support Lighthouse 3 software, they do not support the this app.

You need a special RayNet to RJ45 adapter cable (http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=5537#tab2).

• A62360 - RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) - 1m
  • A80151 - RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) - 3m
  • A80159 - RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) - 10m
  • A80247 - RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adapter
  • A80513 - RayNet male to RJ45 adaptor cable

(but that cable part you got already.)

0 Likes 0 ยท
Jonny Sollid avatar image
Jonny Sollid answered ยท
Thanks for the info and link. Raymarine has just released Software Version: v3.11.42 Cannes. Can't wait to test this :)

2 |3000

Dimitri Garder avatar image
Dimitri Garder answered ยท

@mvader (Victron Energy) Raymarine's training video indicates that the Victron app on Lighthouse 3 is compatible with the Venus GX. Is the app also compatible with CCGX?

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

yes, that works too. I've made that clear in the manual just now:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#marine_mfd_integration_by_app

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic