question

rajko avatar image
rajko asked

Easy solar and venus gx

Hello,

Is the Venux GX compatible with Easysolar 24/1600? I need to have monitoring for this inverter.

BR,

Rajko

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes.
It will connect to the EasySolar on VE.Bus with a normal UTP cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rajko avatar image
rajko answered ·

Great, ty for swift reply. It should be updated in datasheet of the venus gx, as it does not mention easysolar to be compatible.

BR
2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

The datasheet says CCGX, but yes, maybe it should be updated to reflect all Venus devices.

0 Likes 0 ·

Good suggestion.

I have requested that this be updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

@Rajko @WKirby

The datasheet for the VenusGX has now been updated to include the EasySolar 1600.

Thanks again.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Venus-GX-EN.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Guy.
What about from the perspective of someone reading the EasySolar datasheet?
Sorry - something about a cat and some pigeons!

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-EasySolar-1600VA-EN.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
rajko avatar image
rajko answered ·

Hello all,

I would like to continue on my previous thread as it is for the same installation. Hope i will get fast answer as previously.

Venus GX is communicating quite ok with the Easysolar, but you have not mentioned it that i will not be able to monitor the PV production, if i do not connect special VE direct cable (which i did not have, during the installation). This part is a bit unfortunate, as installation site is quite far from me. I have connected only UTP cable, as previously instructed.

Second, more serious issue that i have with this installation is that Easysolar does not recognize the PV modules as a primary source of the energy, instead, it uses AC power to constantly charge the batteries. During installation, i have set following parameters:

- dedicted ignore AC input

- do not ignore, when battery SOC is bellow 40%

What happened is that even tho battery voltage was rising (because it was charged from the modules), inverter has read the battery SOC as falling and decided to charge them from the GRID. Now it constantly charges batteries from the grid and it doesn't want to revert back to solar. Grid was intended only as a backup.

My question is, can i change this remotely to charge the batteries, only when their SOC is below 40% and continue back with the PV modules?

It is my fault for not reading manual of the venus thoroughly, but would be nice if it is mentioned that for Easysolar and Venus, 2 cables are needed.

BR,

Rajko

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic