question

tapani avatar image
tapani asked

CCGX repeated booting

My CCGX has worked fine for 5 years together with two MPPT 100/50 BlueSolar charge controllers and Phoenix Inverter 12/3000/230, with the latest firmware v. 2.0.6. Some time ago it started booting on its own, without any external reasons. Suspecting firmware problem, I downloaded the latest firmware 2.3.3 to a micro-sd card and followed the procedure given in the manual (with LAN and VE cables disconnected). The software update went fine, but the device does not boot up properly, it remains in the blue page with Victron logo. What to do?

CCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Keith Arnold avatar image Keith Arnold commented ·

My CCGX last log to VRM was 3:30 am this morning 16 October 2019. Also it is repeatedly trying to boot.

Been working fine up to now.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Tapani,

Sounds like it could be a fault, but you might try this procedure first before getting in touch with your supplier.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_updating_pre_v2_00

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tapani avatar image
tapani answered ·

Guy, thanks for the replay. However, it seems that updating back to pre-v.2 is not possible. Also, getting help from the supplier in France is not practical, since the equipment is in a boat that is now in Greece. I could try to to update to a more recent previous firmware, e.g. 2.31. Where can I find it?

2 comments
2 |3000

Updating to any version via that Multiple button press firmware update proceedure would have the same effect. No need to regress to version 1.x

Another important step is to isolate the CCGX from all other connections. Nothing connected, including removal of the USB extension cable, and all other cables and accessories except the power cables.

0 Likes 0 ·
tapani avatar image tapani Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, all cables were disconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·