question

David avatar image
David asked

3 charging sources and 3 battery banks.

I am trying to wrap my head around how to connect three different charging sources (PV, shore, and alternator) to charge three battery banks (80Ah starter battery, a redundant 80Ah starter battery, and a pair of 260 AH house batteries - all LiFePO4).

I assume that it can not be as simple as connecting all of the sources to the input pole of a three way argofet isolator..... if it is, then please say so. Otherwise, how do I go about it.

I am using all Victron Energy components, 150/35 smart solar controler for PV, an IP22 AC to DC charger for shore power, and an Orion XS DC/DC charger for alternator power.

The system is all installed in a 1975 23' GMC RV (think of the EM-50 from the movie "Stripes"), hence the redundant starter battery.

battery chargingArgo FET Diodeorion xsip22150/35
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Are your starter batteries lifepo4?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
David avatar image
David answered ·

Yes, both the primary and redundant starter battery's are matching LiFePo (1300 CCA, 80Ah each).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.