question

mark-solar-e avatar image
mark-solar-e asked

Multi RS and Smartsolar MPPT Work in Sync

Hi I am new to VICTRON products, so please be very specific in your answer.

I have a MULTI RS 450/100 and have just discovered that is not compatible with Bluetooth Smart Networking. I need to work together in sync with a Victron SmartSolar 450/100 MPPT.

If is not possible via Bluetooth can I daisy chain with CAN BUS ? Do I need a GX? Or I can do it without a GX.

For what I understand so far I could just connect the 2 devices with an Ethernet cable on the CAN PORT and connect an RJ-45 Terminator at the second CAN BUS. Is it correct ?

Multi RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Mark Solar-E

You can get networked operation when you connect them with CAN as you described and no GX.

How well it works to synchronise i can't say since i didn't care to much about the synchronised operation. Its not really necessary except in one instance, for controlling battery charge current; that should not be a problem if you have a correctly sized battery bank that can take the amps. I did end up buying a GX for the DVCC control for that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark-solar-e avatar image mark-solar-e commented ·
I will connect the CAN then , thank you for the confirmation
0 Likes 0 ·