question

lief ryan avatar image
lief ryan asked

pv inverter on multiplus ac out

i have a pv gti connected to the multiplus out, when the pv inverter is generating power the ac load (on ccgx) goes to zero but it doesn't seem to be charging the batteries, is it actually charging but not registering in ccgx?

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Please confirm that you have followed this document - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

Including installation of the AC PV inverter Assistant.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lief ryan avatar image lief ryan commented ·

i have, and i have setup the pv inverter assistant, but i don't have the pv inverter networked (i guess it should connect to the ccgx?) and was wondering if you would get a visual representation in ccgx of the power backfeeding through the multiplus?

Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ lief ryan commented ·

To see the AC PV production on the CCGX, you will need to use an Energy Meter (such as this), Unless it is a Froniua, SMA, Solaredge or one of the other data compatible inverters.

0 Likes 0 ·
lief ryan avatar image lief ryan Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

ok, so i won't see the power flowing back through the system like i do when i use a backup generator on "ac in 1" ?

I'm really bothered about seeing it, i was just curious.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·